300 RUM suppressor

.300WM through .50BMG suppressor topics

Topic author
eliphant

300 RUM suppressor

Postby eliphant » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:20 pm

I'm looking to buy my first large bore suppressor. I currently have a liberty mystic x that gets me upto 300 blk and subsonic 308, but I have a 300 WM and 300 RUM and I would like to quiet them down. I am looking at the thunderbeast ultra 9, silencerco omega or aac titan. The thunderbeast seems to be favored by prs shooters, is light and rated to 300 rum. The omega can be qd or thread mounted, is cheaper, but only rated to 300 wm. The titan qd is rated to 338 lm, chosen for the m2010 for 300 wm, but heavy and expensive. I don't mind spending the extra money if it is really quiet, but I am having trouble finding any real data on them. I have no real purpose other then entertainment for owing it. Realistically I'll carry to the range and that is about it. What's your guys thoughts?

mbogo

Re: 300 RUM suppressor

Postby mbogo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:51 pm

The Silencerco Harvester Big Bore 338 would be my choice as it allows for even larger cartridges and will handle the .330 RUM and .338 Lapua Magnum. Second choice from those listed would be the Thunderbeast Ultra 9.

I won't buy anything from AAC based on their terrible customer service.

If it's only going to be a range toy, weight won't be an issue. I've used my Elite Iron Bravo 1 (25.5oz. with the brake) while hunting, and I never noticed it. As an aside, I would select a direct thread next time, based on my experience with the Bravo 1 which uses a proprietary (and expensive @$175 each) muzzle attachment.

mbogo

Rusty Shackleford

Postby Rusty Shackleford » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:30 am

Donning my flameproof underwear so go ahead if you must...
I know what a lot of people think about this, but I'm saying it anyway simply because it's true. I have 12 different suppressors and one of my top picks is my tried and true true AWC Thundertrap. People can say it's old technology or whatever, but so is your spleen. Bottom line - it WORKS and is rated up to .300 RUM even in the "30" cal. model. Of course my top pick and go-to suppressor is any of my SRT Arms. Great products and Doug is a great guy on every level. They are priced right too! Check 'em out.

Danomite45

Postby Danomite45 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:35 am

+1 for Doug at SRT Arms. no nonsense suppressors, but without the hype.

kassenz

Postby kassenz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:47 am

I've been considering the Sig 338 Ti suppressor.
I don't have a 338, but it will work with 300wm and cartridges with lots of powder without issue, and under $1000. Half the price of other Lapua rated Cans

Return to “LARGE BORE SILENCERS”