Brake and collar install instructions and pictures for M4 suppressor.

Company Specific Discussions

Topic author
RonA

Brake and collar install instructions and pictures for M4 suppressor.

Postby RonA » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:19 pm

If someone could give me a hand with this, I'd appreciate it.
i took some pictures of an install so that people can see what needs to be done to enable one of our M4 style suppressors to fit on an ar. If someone would be able to put the pictures up in this thread, I will email them and the text. It will be 5 or 6 pictures and a little bit of typing or cut and past. Send me an email if you will have time over the next couple of days. Thank you.

RonA

vdub

Postby vdub » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:00 am

Ron,

I sent you a PM with the information you are trying to post. I will also email you the code as well in case the PM doesn't work. I didn't know if you want to start a new thread dedicated to this or not. Let me know if something doesn't work.

Topic author
RonA

Postby RonA » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:15 am

START

This is the barrel that the suppressor needs to mount to. I checked runout and had to clean up thread damage near the shoulder caused by crush washer. Note large radius at thread shoulder junction that will require larger chamfer on mating spacer.

I made a barrel fitting that would allow the suppressor to mount as far back as I can without hitting the gas block. The collar sets against the existing step that was already on the barrel between the thread shoulder and the gas block, not the gas block itself. Next I measured the distance from muzzle to the start of 20 degree taper on the collar. You can see it is approximately 0.100" too short of the preferred 2.050"/ 2.060" used for an M4 style suppressor(M4-S, M4-M, 14th model, 15th model, and 16th model). On 12th model suppressors the distance is 2.50".

Next I made a threaded adapter with 1/2-28 ID threads and 5/8-24 OD thread that will move the threaded shoulder forward about 0.100". I chamfered the entry hole for the 1/2-28 thread to 0.585" to clear the large corner radius from the barrel manufacturer.

Finally I made a .22 cal brake with 5/8-24 threads 0.63" long to fit the adapter. I made sure the adapter mates flush with the thread shoulder, and the brake mates flush with the thread shoulder of the adapter. 2.05" from front edge of the thread where the port starts to where the 20 degree taper starts on the collar will give approx 8 turns of thread engagement. To double check, thread on the suppressor and put a mark on it for reference and then unscrew counting the turns before it will pull off. I prefer 6-8 threads personally, but anything over 4 turns will be fine. Anything over 10 threads will start to have exposed brake threads inside the blast area and get carbon buildup making it hard to remove. The 12th model suppressors are 0.45" longer from the threads to the taper so when measured it should be approx 2.5" to get 8 turns of engagement.

END

Topic author
RonA

Postby RonA » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:18 am

Seemed to work fine.
Thank you.

Silenced America

Postby Silenced America » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:32 pm

MOTHER FUCKING SPAMMERS ARE KILLING THE FORUM!!!
Scott Bittner

AMERICAN SILENCER ASSOCIATION - PRESIDENT

Silenced America - President/CEO
Silencer Forum Feedback
SILENCEDAMERICA.COM
FACEBOOK
[email="info@silencedamerica.com"]EMAIL[/email]

Danielacisp

Если медицина бессильна.

Postby Danielacisp » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:56 pm

Видео. Важно! Ламинин спасает там, где медицина Бессильна. Лекарства убивают
Сайт. Как Ламинин спасает при: Онкология, Карцинома, сердце, инфаркт, инсульт, наркомания, курение, Омоложение, мозг, нервы, мужское, щитовидка, грыжа, аутизм, Суставы, Беременность, опухоли, аденома, Гангрена, Аритмия, Язва, Миома, цирроз Печени,Церебральный паралич, Гепатоз, Сосуды, Женское, Сон, Радикулит, Лимфома
Сайт. Как Ламинин спасает при: Пигментация, почки, Гепатиты, Ноги, Геморрой, Лишай, Пиелонефрит, Химиотерапия, Синдром Дауна, Экзема, Панкреонекроз, Вены, Витилиго, Болезнь Альцгеймера, Отит, Энурез, Гайморит, Фибромиома, Болезнь Кароли, гипоксия, Панкреатит, артрит, Депрессия
Заработок от $ 200 в месяц дома в MLM Laminine LPGN. Цена ламинина $ 15-24-28
Скайп evg7773 Russian. Buy lamininе LPGN $ 15-24-25-28 in USA, Canada. Work at home
Ламинин купить в Москве и в России в любом городе по цене 24-25 usd
Цена в Украине 840 гривен и ниже.Работа - только продажи от 200 usd в месяц

Return to “OPS INC”